Re: Sarfati's verbal behavior and the Bible's

From: <Dawsonzhu@aol.com>
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 13:04:17 EDT

Ed Babinski wrote:

So, the problem may lie not only with Sarfati, but perhaps with "Biblical
language" itself. I could of course give examples of some serious
rhetoric from the Bible, far more serious and sarcastic than Sarfati's.
<

It depends. Presumably, to the Christian, Jesus was
right. I realize you may not share that view, but in
terms of the viewpoint of scripture, that is not the issue.

Unlike Jesus, we, as fellow human beings, may or may not
be right. Poorly chosen words now, may be served back as
grand folly. Also, like the concept of "liberty", it takes
a long time, even at the intellectually honest level, to
understand what that means to the person. One must, at
some level, throw off all that they have been "taught". Paul,
like the rest of us, was on the road to learning, not one who
had arrived.

And of course, most of us have come to recognize the delemma
that Bertrand Russell observed: (paraphrasing) no one kills
with greater zeal and satisfaction than one who kills in the
name of a religion. But it can also imbibe the strongest
restraint, and the greatest courage. It just depends.