Re: Petroleum: God's Well-timed Gift to Mankind

From: Al Koop <koopa@gvsu.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 12:21:14 EDT

Glenn,

Your response to Ross comports well with what I know. I like it. Also,
as I understand it, the tar sands of Alberta are the leftovers of a more
extensive hydrocarbon source with the more volatile and easily
recoverable stuff gone already. If it now has almost 2 trillion barrels
of oil equivalent, it seems that earlier there would have been a lot
more--more than we have total in the world today maybe. The timing has
not been so good for using that source, or else there should have been a
better constructed oil tight-dome over it.

By the way, at the end of the article on your website you say you have
been responsible for the discovery of 700 billion barrels--billion with
a "B". I know you are good, but that good? I suspect you might mean
700 million.

Al Koop

>>> "Glenn Morton" <glennmorton@entouch.net> 10/04/04 5:23 PM >>>
Hugh Ross' latest article in Connections, entitled the same as the title
this post claims that petroleum is an anthropic coincidence. I have
written
a response. Any criticisms would be welcome. the response is at
http://home.entouch.net/dmd/petgift.htm

It is sad that apologists don't think out the consequences of what they
claim.