Sarfati's verbal behavior and the Bible's

From: ed babinski <ed.babinski@furman.edu>
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 10:49:44 EDT

My webmaster told Sarfati: "I found your comments highly insulting,
un-christlike, and exceptionally un-professional."

Sarfati responded: "How exactly are they are un-christlike? It seems
'un-Christ-like' not to believe what He [Christ] did about Genesis!"

Also, in fairness of Sarfati's sharp sarcastic tongue, is his verbal
behavior inconceivably worse than the verbal behaviors of prophets,
psalmists, Jesus and Paul, who employed some serious rhetoric at times?
For instance, when I questioned Sarfati about the way he addresses people
whose beliefs differ from his own, he directed me to an online article by
J. P. Holding, titled, "Is it 'Un-Christian' To Engage in Satire?"

http://www.tektonics.org/lp/madmad.html

So, the problem may lie not only with Sarfati, but perhaps with "Biblical
language" itself. I could of course give examples of some serious
rhetoric from the Bible, far more serious and sarcastic than Sarfati's.

Cheers,
Ed