RE: Flat Earth / Stars Falling to Earth

From: Mike Tharp <mtharp@exammaster.com>
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 20:17:59 EDT

Hello Michael,

I'm not convinced that the verses to which you referred indicate a flat
earth. And I would say that the Bible writers, if truly inspired by God,
would not have been subject to the cosmology of the day.

I had read Matthew 24:29 and Mark 13:25, both of which correlate to
Revelation 6:12-13 which, I would argue, are most likely figurative. I
still don't believe that such verses were intended to be taken literally.
And again, if the writers were truly inspired by God, they would not have
been subject to the errors of the astronomers of their day. If the writers
are in error, what other portions of Scripture are also in error? And if
Christ was prone to error, how can we trust in Him for our salvation?

In Christ,
Mike