Re: David Limbaugh at UNCW

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 18:38:23 EDT

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 13:47:37 -0600 Innovatia <dennis@innovatia.com>
writes:
> I don't think we do God's work by voting. I don't see any
> commendation of
> voting in scripture, and for good reason. It's not God's way for
> humans to
> make collective decisions. Republics/democracies are not God's idea
> of how
> we should be organized. (See Mark Ludwig's downloadable book, The
> Third
> Paradigm, for more on this, at www.ameaglepubs.com) As Justyn Martyr
> said:
> "Opinions should be weighed, not counted."
>
> Voting for president means little. Nobody even can run for president
> unless
> they already are approved by the Money Power. No outsiders get in
> unless
> they go along unwittingly, as did Reagan. A vote for either
> candidate is a
> vote for the Money Power, for the rulers of evil behind the scenes.
> It is
> because American Christians do not know what is going on in terms of
> power
> and the world-system in our time that they have not been an
> effective
> influence for God in American society.
>
> Dennis Feucht

Dennis,
Your argument from silence is silly. In NT times there was an absolute
monarchy, so there was no vote to mention. In OT times, they started with
a theocracy, which didn't work for long, followed by an absolute
monarchy. Note that Nathan's condemnation of David was something that
could only occur in Israel, and apparently only at that time. Later
prophets got into trouble disagreeing with the king.

During the 20th century, even dictators had to maintain a facade of
democracy by having a vote from time to time. But I do not live in a
dictatorship. In a republic, my vote counts, though it is only a small
fraction of the total effect. But I am responsible under God for that
bit. There are also other bits of responsibility besides voting where I
can do my best or slough off my duty.

Now, of course, YOU know that a republic with responsible citizens is
contrary to God's will. All you have to do to demonstrate this is to have
the earth open up and swallow your opposition (me included), along with a
judicious selection of other miracles. A face glowing with inner light
after you commune with the Almighty will also help demonstrate your right
to run things in God's name. Of course, I strongly suggest that you defer
such governing until the Son takes control, and then he will not need
your mediation.
Dave