Re: Genesis 1:1 - a standing miracle

From: Gary Collins <gwcollins@algol.co.uk>
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 03:34:30 EDT

Hello Stein,
This is something I wasn't too familiar with, so I had to take some
time to go back to the text and also check up a few concordances.
Having done so, I don't think the example is too far off. It would
seem to me that the doubts in timing are concerning the Passover
meal, but that all Gospel writers, including John, are in agreement
that the day of Jesus' burial was the Day of Preparation for the
Sabbath, i.e. the Friday.

John 19:
30When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished."
With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
31Now it was the day of Preparation, and the next day was to be
a special Sabbath. Because the Jews did not want the bodies left on
the crosses during the Sabbath, ...

So, unless the 'special Sabbath' here could refer to a Friday,
or you know of some other reason to doubt the day in question,
I think the argument will hold.

Thanks for the input,
Gary