Re: Genesis 1:1 - a standing miracle

From: Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net>
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 17:22:35 EDT

Gary,

Thanks for writing. But why are people like yourself so anxious to speak
about correctly _interpreting_ a passage of Scripture? Surely the words of
the account of the making of Eve (Gen.2:21-24) are clear enough - either to
be believed or ignored (for what other choice is there?). They could only
have come from the Lord - for Adam was asleep at the time. Is it your
contention that He who created all things (including the wonders of Genesis
1:1) was incapable of correctly informing future generations of what really
happened way back? What motive could He possibly have had to lie or mislead?

I appreciate your suggestions regarding reading material. However, I believe
the opinions of Blocher, Fee and Macdonald - whatever they be - have now
been overtaken by events. He who constructed Genesis 1:1 is clearly a
Sovereign and Purposeful God - surely, One to be trusted to mean what He
says.

Regards,

Vernon

www.otherbiblecode.com