RE: Kerkut

From: Glenn Morton <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 10:45:33 EST

creation of man is mentioned in Genesis 1. Maybe the
>division isn't between Gen 1 and 2, but somewhere in Gen 1.

GRM: If Genesis 1 is the planning for the universe, it would be natural to
plan for man as well. I would read Gen 1:26-29 as follows:

God said:
26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let
them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,
and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing
that creepeth upon the earth.

The narrator's 'and it was so' statement follows:

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;
male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:28 (KJV)
28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply,
and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of
the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that
moveth upon the earth.
Genesis 1:29 (KJV)
29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is
upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of
a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

This goes back to the way I read genesis 1:3

God did not say: "Let there be light: and there was light."

No, God said: "Let there be light". The narrator then said, "and there was
light." God's statement was the planning for the universe; the narrator's
statement informed his readers that it did happen and tht they can look
around, there is light and you can see it.