Re: Who's Burden of Proof?

From: <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Sat Nov 29 2003 - 11:23:47 EST

From: "Steve Petermann" <steve@spetermann.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:58:57 -0600

>I agree with Mark that extrapolating from human designers to a divine
>designer is not ideal. I do, however, think while there are obviously
>dissenting opinions, there is a strong tradition in Christianity of natural
>theology where God can be known to some extent by experiencing God's
>creation(human designers in this case). Surely the design(human designers)
>says something about the designer.

AT best, we humans can only exhibit a subset of God's methods for creation unless we make the unwarranted assumption that we have all of God's attributes. Thus, when we look at nature and say that this is evidence of God's design (human-type design appearances) and that isn't (chance), we are trying to generalize from a subset to the full set and that might not be valid.