Re: Racism and YEC (WAS:Four items of possible controversy)

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 13:20:58 EST

    In a message dated 11/18/03 8:17:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    TDavis@messiah.edu writes:
    "When Christians legalistically impose non-Biblical ideas such as 'no
    inter-racial marriage' onto their culture, they are helping to perpetuate
    prejudices that have often arisen from evolutionary influences."
    This is an interesting quote. No interracial marriage is most certainly a
    Biblical idea. I'm not giving you my personal feelings about the issue as some
    do, but the simple fact that the entire OT is based on race. Judaism is a
    tribal religion and most of the torah, Nehemiah, Ezra, Judges, Joshua, etc.
    would be unintelligible if you tried to maintain the position that race did
    not figure. You can argue that it was ethnic warfare in the ancient world
    but ethnicity is simply a subset of race.
    In fact, if Christians did impose Biblical ideas like racial purity they
    would only succeed in reverting the religion back to the Old Covenant of blood.
    darwinian evolution arose inthe 19th centuryy. Racism is in the Vedas
    4,000 years old. You have to understand I havce a background in
    anthropology. I try to look at things the way they really are, not the way I would l
    ike them to be.

    rich faussette