RE: Declining water and oil

From: Glenn Morton (glennmorton@entouch.net)
Date: Sat Nov 15 2003 - 23:12:28 EST

    Bill asked:
    > I suppose if Art's idea is correct, then there should have been massive
    > plantonic blooms during the Silurian. Does this time correlate with an
    > episode of oil production, Glenn?

    There are Silurian source rocks in the Middle East, but I only know Silurian
    source rocks in the US in the Anadarko Basin. The reason The Silurian is
    listed on Fowler's chart is because of the Middle East mostly. There is a
    web site which lists the few silurian source rocks and there aren't many.
    http://www.searchanddiscovery.com/documents/Animator/silurian.htm

     The Clinton is an iron-rich oolite, clearly marine. The iron may have been
    a local source off of the old Taconian Mtns.