The Gospel of John

From: Don Winterstein (dfwinterstein@msn.com)
Date: Sun Nov 16 2003 - 03:19:46 EST

    This movie presents the entire gospel verbatim.

    This was by far the most powerful presentation of the gospel I've ever witnessed, and I strongly recommend it to all adult Christians.

    The movie made it clear to me that Jesus, speaking analogous words to people today who did not already believe in him, would come across as a raving, fanatical lunatic. It would have to be his works--the miracles--that would rescue him from such assessment, if anything could. He himself pointed out the importance of his miracles (e.g., John 10:35, 37), and the movie makes it obvious IMO that those who deny the reality of Jesus' miracles deny Jesus himself. Here we have no admirable teacher of morality. The handsome and often smiling face of the actor who plays him cannot override the inherent looniness of the words themselves; loony, that is, if they weren't actually true.

    Don