Re: The Iota Subscript

From: richard@biblewheel.com
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 13:09:07 EST

    Walt has exited the conversation having disgraced himself with rantings
    about the supposed ravings of those with whom he disagrees. He quit without
    successfully arguing a single point against the validity of the phenomenon
    presented or its relevance to the general Body of Christ. This is typical of
    most people who come against my work on this list, though some have
    gracefully ended the conversation when they discovered that their initial
    arguments were weak, ignorant, flawed, or when they simply lost interest.
    Unfortunately, Walt did not do this. He explicitly stated he did not even
    understand the very thing against which he so vehemently argued, and as his
    vehemence increased so his rationality decreased. His final argument was
    based on the patently absurd Fallacy of Association, as if the superficial
    similarity between my work and that of others had anything to do with its
    validity.

    Meanwhile, Walt ignored each and every point of evidence presented. He never
    once answered any points of fact. When I gave specific and highly detailed
    answers to his questions, he responded with one broad generality:

    >I read the posts and they only demonstrate to me
    > your own fascination with your own theory

    I suppose George would see this as one of Walt's "cogent responses" to me.

    His final error is perhaps the most egregious. I had written to Dr. Nelson
    because he had misunderstood my work, thinking it only an effort to "prove
    the Bible". This is an extremely common misunderstanding despite the vast
    majority of my writings both here and on my site which have nothing to do
    with such proof per se. In my efforts to open Dr. Nelson's eyes to the
    multifaceted wonder that is the Bible Wheel, I wrote a long and detailed
    analogy of a car that obviously designed, but certainly not for the mere
    purpose of "proving it was designed." Walt admitted to reading that post,
    and shortly thereafter wrote this:

    > Both of these made the same claim that you and Vernon do.
    > They would prove the Bible was divinely inspired. That,
    > my friend, is an absolutely worthless objective when
    > speaking to those who already believe it. There is no good
    > reason why you should fare any better than the above two
    > and probably for the same reasons.

    What more need be said?

    I think it important to emphasize that I have no animosity with Walt, though
    I would have been happier if he had not abruptly ended the conversation.
    Personally, I see no problem discussing things with him in the future if he
    so desires.

    I also want to thank him for blasting my house with such vehement winds and
    rains, so all can see what its really made of, and that it remains as strong
    as ever, standing firmly upon the Rock of God's everlasting Word. We all
    know that if he could have, he would have found a genuine flaw and presented
    it with great gusto, so as to be able to destroy this house without
    resorting to logical fallacies and name calling. He has done us all a great
    service in that regard.

    Richard Amiel McGough
    Discover the sevenfold symmetric perfection of the Holy Bible at
    http://www.BibleWheel.com