Re: The Faculties of the Soul (was Re: The Iota Subscript)

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 09:09:07 EST

    Richard,

    In your response, you assume a lot of things about my
    questions that I did not intend. I won't bother to
    address them point by point, because it seems beside
    the point.

    --- richard@biblewheel.com wrote:
    > Dr. Nelson wrote:
    >
    > > It seems to me, despite your representation
    > > that their are infinite ramifications, the
    > > one ramification that you have explicated is
    > > that you believe it demonstrates that the
    > > Bible is beyond doubt God inspired.
    > > Something that lots of people have believed
    > > without your analysis.
    >
    > Proof of the Bible is a logical consequence of the
    > validity of the Bible
    > Wheel, just as the existence of a car is proof that
    > someone designed it. But
    > the car was not designed merely to prove it had a
    > designer. The car was
    > designed for the much higher purpose. It can save
    > lives when properly used,
    > transporting wounded people to the hospital,
    > providing food, and so forth.
    > It would be good for nothing if it sat enshrined in
    > the Temple of the Car as
    > proof of the existence of the great and mighty "Car
    > Designer." Nobody would
    > ever think to assert that any car was ever designed
    > merely to prove the
    > banal fact that it was designed.

    I think this is a matter of semantics and misses my
    point since it puts an interpretation on my question
    that wasn't there. To use your analogy, how does the
    Bible Wheel show more ways in which the Bible can be
    used to take people to the hospital, provide food, and
    so forth in a way that was not the case before the
    Bible Wheel?

    I suspect this will be my last question and post on
    the subject. Thanks for the answers.

    (SNIP)