Re: The Iota Subscript

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 06:15:12 EST

    Sorry, but I didn't see an answer to Walt's "what,
    now?" question, as indicated below.

    --- richard@biblewheel.com wrote:
    > Forgive me,
    > but your response also
    > seems to lack Christian imagination and a proper
    > historical perspective. I
    > get the impression you answered without actually
    > thinking much about the
    > issue or reading any of the pages I cited. Forgive
    > me if I am wrong, and
    > please take no offence. I greatly value your effort
    > to answer me.

    Forgive me, if I am wrong, but you just told Walt that
    he should figure out why the numbers are there,
    suggesting there was greater meaning to them than text
    of the scripture. Since you have done this elaborate
    study, what do *you* think the meaning is that others
    should care? I think that may be the "Now what?" Walt
    had in mind.

    (SNIP lots of stuff on numeric structure)
    > you could explain to me how it is possible to
    > dismiss the beautiful and
    > endless ramifications of the tri-radiant cruciform
    > halo formed by the
    > sevenfold symmetric perfection of the Bible Wheel?
    > To call this a "mere
    > coincidence" is to rob language of all meaning.
    > Oddly enough, its the only
    > answer I have yet received from people who deny the
    > significance of my work.

    Ah, what did all that stuff that you used to describe
    the structure actually *mean*? So what that there is
    a "tri-radiant cruciform halo"? What additionally
    does this tell us about scripture, God, anything other
    than you can describe some pattern as such?

    > It seems to me (IMHO) that you really did not mean
    > to say that the patterns
    > are real, because if they are really REAL, then
    > there can be no doubt that
    > they surpass the greatest discoveries in the history
    > of the world.

    Wow! This, to me, is simply an amazingly
    overstretching statement given that Walt gave you a
    perfect opportunity to tell us, "So, what?" about the
    discovery and all you have provided back is more
    description of the numerical structure. So there is
    some "tri-radiant crucifom halo"? What, in practical
    terms, does that mean? Does it mean we should do
    something other than what we currently do? Does it
    provide some insight into the life of Jesus? Does it
    provide additional moral law? What, exactly, once I
    have seen this amazing structure, does it do for me
    other than give me another instance to say, "wow, God
    is pretty amazing?" I am not trying to be flip, but
    IMHO you haven't answered the "so, what?" question,
    yet.

    > Finally, to suggest that non-believers would confuse
    > this with "Kooky
    > Christian stuff" because "People are always managing
    > to find patterns in the
    > midst of chaos" is an EXTREME stretch. I did nothing
    > ... let me repeat ..
    > NOTHING to force fit the sevenfold symmetric
    > perfection of the Bible Wheel.

    Accepting that, no one knows that without extensive
    study of the work. I think it obvious that most
    people are going to be skeptical about such
    "discoveries" especially if you can't answer the "so,
    what?" question about them.

    > The truth is that I studied the basic Bible Wheel
    > for FIVE years before one
    > day thinking to myself, "Hey! The first Spoke is
    > composed of the first book
    > of the Law (Genesis), the first book of the Prophets
    > (Isaiah), and the first
    > book of the NT Epistles (Romans)! That's
    > interesting." By the end of the
    > day, I had the Canon Wheel in my hand. I was utterly
    > struck dumb with
    > amazement. I sat in awe for three days just looking
    > at it. It was the purest
    > moment of scientific discovery mingled with
    > religious ecstasy. I had been
    > studying the Wheel for five years, and I suddenly
    > and effortlessly
    > DISCOVERED a large-scale symmetric structure in the
    > Holy Bible never before
    > seen in the history of the world! Sealed with the
    > Aleph and Tav! There was
    > no looking for patterns in chaos, Walt. It didn't
    > happen that way. It is the
    > Work of God.

    Not intending to be disrespectful, but "so, what?" Is
    it just the existence of the pattern that you think is
    the most amazing discovery, or is there something
    more? Isn't that what Walt suggests is the only thing
    you are getting at here, that it is proof that the
    Bible is inspired? Or is there something more than a
    proof that the Bible is "God-breathed"?

    (SNIP)