Re: The Iota Subscript

From: Jim Armstrong (jarmstro@qwest.net)
Date: Mon Nov 03 2003 - 00:35:01 EST

    Perhaps "toy" is not quite the right word. We humans seem to have been
    given an appreciation of structure and beauty and other aesthetic forms.
    Might it then make sense that there could be special instances of
    aesthetic content in the form of embellishments or decorations that
    would be satisfying and faith confirming for those who seek and discover
    them? They would not have to have some profound meaning wherein we are
    destitute if we don't discover or appreciate it. I don't know that
    amethyst geodes have any special meaning, yet some of them are
    beautiful. Perhaps a better parallel is an Easter egg embedded in
    software. It may by simply amusing for someone like me if I stumble
    across. But some of those Easter eggs are really hard to find and the
    search is engaging for some folks who feel immense satisfaction if their
    systematic search is rewarded by discovery. Still other folks would be
    quite ho-hum about the whole thing, particularly about their importance.

    Just a thought. - JimA.