Re: A "God" Part of the Brain?

From: Don Winterstein (dfwinterstein@msn.com)
Date: Sun Nov 02 2003 - 03:03:00 EST

    Your point is one that almost every Christian would agree with: The incarnation is fundamental to Christianity. It implies both that God acts in the physical realm and that physical devices could have detected Christ while he was on earth.

    Having lost track of your original thrust, I now wonder why you'd want to make an issue of a point that all traditional Christians accept. 2000 years ago it was crucial for God to make it clear that Christ was a physical person. Once we accept this, any further value in detecting him lies in the spiritual realm, not the physical.

    The apostle Paul wrote (2 Corinthians 5:16), ".From now on we regard no one as merely human. Though we may have looked upon Christ as merely human, we now do so no longer." (A literal translation would have "know...according to the flesh" in place of "regard...as merely human.")

    Jesus on film presumably would look like an ordinary man. While in some sense you could legitimately say you had a picture of God, the picture would tell you nothing important about God. Of course, it would be different if you had a film covering his entire ministry. That would be of great interest.

    Don