Re: The Body of Jesus

From: Jim Armstrong (jarmstro@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Nov 01 2003 - 14:02:22 EST

    But you gotta admit at least that there is some benevolent flexibility
    in choosing what particular words are going to be associated, evaluated
    and compared. In one case in your example, there is a phrase; in the
    other a sentence. What about "body of Jesus" vs "whom they pierced"? No
    match. Wouldn't that be more "perfect" yet. For my part I view these
    observations as intriguing, but it's hard for me to see a real
    God-purpose for such properties. It seems somehow related to the early
    efforts to understand the workings of the universe in terms of the
    platonic solids and musical intervals. I respect that you do see purpose
    in your observations. However, it strikes me that this would be pretty
    meaningless - even verging on occult to a non-Christian. To a Christian,
    most would not need or particularly benefit from these observations.
    But it's just my opinion. You clearly find great satisfaction and
    importance in them. I would not take that away from you. You have
    clearly invested a great deal of time and effort in a study with a
    righteous intent.
    Regards - JimA