Re: royalty

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Sat Sep 20 2003 - 14:22:20 EDT

    Ted,

        Thanks for your note. I recently finished Brown's earlier novel,
    "Angels and Demons," which also deals with the issues of science and
    religion. The characters introduce the readers to lots of information about
    early modern science as well as contemporary particle physics. I can tell
    you that where I am knowledgeable about the topic Brown gets it about half
    right and the things that aren't are often howlers. For someone who claims
    to have researched these topics, he takes far more liberties with the facts
    that any good fiction writer ought to. Read it as pulp fiction for evening
    relaxation, if you can do so without groaning over his historical and other
    factual errors.

    Bob