Re: Sin?

From: sheila-mcginty@geotec.net
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 09:52:56 EDT

    What is the difference between my opinion and the Word of God?

    1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the
    kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters
    nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor
    the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom
    of God.

    Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is
    detestable.

    Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them
    have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on
    their own heads.

    1 Corinthians 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits
    are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

    Galatians 5:19-20 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality,
    impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy,
    fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions . . .

    I and nearly everyone I know have committed sexual immorality at some time in
    our lives. I now know the true mercy and grace of Jesus Christ. His mercy and
    grace do not change the fact that sexual immorality of any kind is sin. No
    matter how you fancy the words or change the phrases, sin is sin. The wages of
    sin are death. Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay this price but He did not
    change the nature of sin. He did, however,change the nature of those who
    believe in Him and confess with their mouths that they have sinned (1 John 1:9)
    by making them new creatures in Christ (Philippians 3:21).

    Sheila

    Quoting John W Burgeson <jwburgeson@juno.com>:

    > Sheila wrote: "The first two statements are not intended to proved the
    > third. The third
    > statement stands alone. Any sex that is not between a husband and wife
    > is
    > either adultery or fornication, both of which are sins. Adultery is
    > defined as
    > sex with a married person to whom one is not married. Fornication is
    > defined
    > as sex outside of marriage such as premarital sex. Homosexual acts are
    > simply
    > a variation of adultery or fornication and is clearly labeled a sin."
    >
    > Sorry. I thought you were making an argument, not just a claim. I
    > understand your claims and definitions as your firmly held opinions.
    > That's OK.
    >
    > "Thankfully, God is big enough to forgive all sins."
    >
    > Yes, He is. And that's one thing you and I CAN agree upon.
    >
    > Peace.
    >
    > John Burgeson (Burgy)
    >
    > www.burgy.50megs.com

    > Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

    Sheila McGinty Wilson
    sheila-mcginty@geotec.net

    This mail sent through OnRAMP/GeoTEC Webmail: webmail.geotec.net