RE: One Simple Question

From: Alexanian, Moorad (alexanian@uncw.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 09:27:05 EDT

    All the philosophical assumptions that one must make to do unadulterated science are quite consistent with a designed physical universe. Of course, human consciousness and rationality, which are needed to do science but are not part of the physical laws used to describe the physical universe, are not accessible to the physical devices used to collected scientific data.

    Unraveling the mysteries of nature requires conscious, intelligent beings. But no humanly conceived theory of nature, however complete, can ever encompass all that exists or the creation process that brought everything into being. This ontological problem is best answered by supposing the existence of a Creator, which unifies in humans the physical and non-physical/spiritual aspects of reality.

    Moorad