RE: Sin?

From: sheila-mcginty@geotec.net
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 08:53:47 EDT

    This is a perfect example of the grace of God. God allows us to hate each
    other even though He teaches us to love the person and hate the sin. We often
    mistake God's mercy for acceptance but the two are complete opposites. God's
    mercy allows us to live so that we can develop a relationship with Him and
    become overcomers. God accepts us just as we are - while we were yet sinners,
    He died for us. He then loves us enough to change us, molding us to become
    more like Him.

    A more positive website is www.characterfirst.com. Character First is an
    organization that teaches character to businesses, communities, and schools.
    They define "tolerance" as understanding that not everyone is at the same level
    of character development that we are. Some are far beyond us and some are
    below us and we must be tolerant of each other. Please note that this website
    is not associated with sexual orientation or religion.

    Tolerance has nothing to do with diversity or sexual orientation but is simply
    an expression of God's grace (not acceptance of sin).

    Sheila

    Quoting Debbie Mann <deborahjmann@insightbb.com>:

    > It's a real web site. I looked. (And I hope they can't trace me.) I
    > can't
    > imagine a Baptist church being willing to associate themselves with the
    > words 'hate' and a word I won't use in any context. I've been sitting
    > her
    > trying to come up with a next sentence - but basically the whole concept
    > has
    > me speechless.

    Sheila McGinty Wilson
    sheila-mcginty@geotec.net

    This mail sent through OnRAMP/GeoTEC Webmail: webmail.geotec.net