Re: Bananas and other forbidden words.

From: Michael Roberts (michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 01 2003 - 15:05:32 EDT

    My first reaction to ID was total rejection -when I read Behe in 1996. I then found myself attracted by it, but found I could not take parodies of so-called naturalism. The issue which convinced me against them was their refusal to fully accept Deep Time and discuss design without reference to it. It is insufficient for Behe and Dembski to say they accept 4.6 by old earth and then basically argue as if every thing was abruptly created.
    The logic of ID is to be YEC. This will annoy several people, but it is based on much reading and also some discussion with dEmbski and others. My obervation is that YEC are subtly sucking in ID and in the end ID will become YEC.

    At best ID can only do reverse engineering but that is what Dawkins and Dennett do. One shreiks Design and the other Natural Selection