Re: Bananas and other forbidden words.

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Sun Aug 03 2003 - 12:16:44 EDT

    On 7/31 Glenn wrote: "The ability of Dembski to determine whether or
    not something is designed depends upon personal knowledge--that is
    subjective. Science is repeatable and objective."

    I generally agree with your "bananas science" evaluation of ID, but I
    wonder if Polanyi's PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE, written about 40 years ago, or
    Del Ratzsch's NATURE, DESIGN and SCIENCE (2001) might have some bearing
    on the above. So far, on this list at least, I've not seen anyone take on
    either person's arguments.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!