Re: leaving

From: Darryl Maddox (dpmaddox@arn.net)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 22:10:02 EST

    In regards to Stepens remark "like we are supposed to notify the media
    regarding your departure" I just want to say to him and the rest of the
    group that I will miss Jon's posts. They may not come often but I have
    learned a great deal from them over the years and unlike those of some
    people, I read every one of Jons. I hope Stephen's remark was made in jest.
    I considered it a courteous thing for Jon to do to notify us that he was
    dropping out. Sometimes I have wondered why he didn't write in more often
    but at least I knew he was out there. I still have his email address but it
    is still a bit like loosing a friend for him to drop out. An organization
    is nothing more than the sum of its members; and as some leave and others
    join the character of the group changes. I can't convince myself we are
    better off without Jon than with him.

    Darryl