Fools rush in - was Re: Reviews of Darwin's Cathedral

From: George Murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 17:36:26 EST

    I haven't read D.S. Wilson's _Darwin's Cathedral_, though I have read the book
    he & Sober did, _Unto Others_, on "The Evolution and Psychology of Unselfish Behavior."
    In the spirit of my subject line, let me suggest that a task more modest than trying to
    understand "religion" in scientific terms may also be of more theological interest than
    that. I refer to the idea suggested by Teilhard de Chardin that we ought to see the
    Christian church as The Body of Christ in evolutionary terms. I'll be happy to send my
    article "The Church in Evolution" (Seminary Ridge Review 5.1, 38, 2002) to anyone
    interested.

                                                            Shalom,
                                                            George

    --