Re: Question

From: Pattle Pak Toe Pun (Pattle.P.Pun@wheaton.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 15:13:33 EST

    Dear Sondra,

    See the following secular historical sources written shortly after Christ
    for reference to Jesus indicating his historicity but also implying his
    resurrection:

    Josephus(Jewish historian): Antiquities: James, brother of Jesus the
    Christ, stoned to death because of his dedication to Christ.

    Tacitus (Roman historican): The Histories(?): Nero's conflagration of
    Rome, blamed on Christians, a mischievous superstition, broken up but
    spread to Rome.

    Hope these help.

    Pattle.P.T.Pun, Ph.D.
    Professor of Biology,