Question

From: Sondra Brasile (sbrasile@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 12:18:39 EST

    Hi all!

    You guys are so good at what you do (speculate and argue ;) haha) and so
    "learned" I wanted to ask your advice.
    I'm doing an assignment and I have write an argument essay, I've decided
    after two weeks of torture trying to come up with a subject, to do it on the
    historicity of Jesus. I was beginning to change my mind until I researched
    that ossuary more (which I left for last). I know it's pretty new, but what
    do you guys think about it? Do you guys think that it's been pretty
    successful, as far as 'proof' is concerned, that Jesus really lived? Of
    course I believe that the Bible is more than enough "proof" but I have to
    convince non-believers that he at least walked on this earth. Whether he was
    the son of God or not isn't my problem at this point; thank goodness!

    I haven't read a secular source, yet that doesn't seem to believe it is
    authentic and that doesn't say that the chances of it being another
    (coincidental) trio are slim to none. They seem to agree it has to refer to
    the Jesus, James and Joseph in the Bible.

    Can anyone help me out?
    Thank you so much!

    Sondra Brasile