Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 24 2003 - 13:15:19 EST

    Bob wrote, in part: "I do not for a minute think that any canonical evidence
    regarding the relationship of Christ to his apostles can justifiably support
    the assertion of certain homosexual leanings. I think this suggestion that
    some gay advocates have put out is nonsense to anyone who carefully reads
    the gospels and understands the relationship between teacher and disciples
    in Jewish culture."

    I almost agree with Bob in the above. I'd just use a stronger word than
    "nonsense" Perhaps "balderdash?" Or "deplorably incoherent exegesis?" I'm
    sure others on this list can think of other possibilities.

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    www.burgy.50megs.com