Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: sheila-mcginty@geotec.net
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 09:19:41 EST

    Nor am I convinced. The Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin,
    just like stealing. How committed you are to a relationship does not change
    the Truth of God. I could be completely commmitted to an adulterous
    relationship but would still be in complete and total sin.

    Sheila

    Quoting Jan de Koning <jan@dekoning.ca>:

    > At 05:31 PM 22/01/2003 -0700, John Burgeson wrote:
    > >Jan asked: "I knew someone I loved who was a compulsive thief. He
    > simply
    > >had to take something that he really liked. His parents had to close
    > the
    > >places were valuable things were. It was obviously a genetic
    > >"fault." Does that excuse him? Is kleptomancy to be allowed? If so,
    > why
    > >not?"
    > >
    > >It does not excuse him and the state law should disallow it. I assume
    > your
    > >point is to say homosexual acts and stealing are both sins. My argument
    > is
    > >that the first (within an adult loving relationship) is not and the
    > second
    > >is, and hence comparing one to the other has no meaning.
    > >
    > >John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    > >www.burgy.50megs.com
    >
    > You did not convince me.
    >
    > Jan

    Sheila McGinty
    sheila-mcginty@geotec.net

    This mail sent through GeoTEC Webmail: webmail.geotec.net