Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 19 2003 - 16:21:28 EST

    In a message dated 1/19/03 1:43:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk writes:

    > I dont why it should be so quaint if the writer is english!
    >
    > Usual questions - has it been proved that homosexuality is innate?

    NO

    > Behaviours (correct spelling) are made up of innate, chosen and acquired
    > aspects. I write on the hoof and use the word acquired to mean both learned
    > and habitual behaviour. It is not always easy to decide whether behaviour is
    > one or the other or a mixture.
    >
    > The question is whether homosexuality is right or wrong. And to a Chrsitan
    > what the bible actually teaches. One cannot get round what Paul says.

    The Bible teaches high quantity, high quality reproduction. Homosexuality
    removes males from reproduction while freeing them from parenting
    responsibilities lowering birth rates. The homosexuals withdraw resources
    from reproducing families with obligations to raise educated sons and
    daughters to their non-reproductive selves while incurring no such
    obligations. Other departures from traditonal teaching have the same effect
    of lowering birth rates - birth control, abortion.

    > To say David and Jonathan were actually gay is pathetic and cannot be
    > justified from any intelligent reading of the text. The latest English and
    > Anglican suuggestion is that the centurion whose slave was healed had a
    > homosexual relationship with him.
    >
    > One aspect I am sick of is the constant implication that one is homophobic
    > if one considers homosexuality to be morally wrong. I t prevents any
    > reasonable and considerate discussion - at least in the Church of England.
    > Things will probably get more polarised with Rowan Williams obfuscating
    > style of theological and moral discourse.

    That is why free speech is so important.
    These are Marxist attacks from the New Left.