Re: spong's bad assumptions and virgin births - for jim

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 20:58:33 EST

    In a message dated 1/5/03 7:23:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, gmurphy@raex.com
    writes:

    > . I don't believe that argument is compelling, in part because it's
    > far from clear that such traditions did influence Mt & Lk. In any case,
    > the presence of
    > this theme in other religions & cultures is a sword that can cut both ways.

    Would you entertain the possibility that some of the structure and nature of
    judeo-christianity may be from the rg veda via zoroaster with a smatter of
    Babylonian religion? I'm trying to understand your metaphor. Are you saying
    religions evolve in isolation and are best not examined for cross influences?
      "sword cuts both ways" - please clarify... what analyses are appropriate?
    thanks
    rich