RE: Mitochondrial Eve problems

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jan 05 2003 - 21:09:23 EST

    Hi Glenn, you wrote:

    >Dick replied to what Arsuaga, an anthropologist wrote:
    >
    >>The nature of humans weighs against "patrilocality" in my humble
    >>estimation.=
    >
    >Dick, This is simply the time honored and much used and abused tactic of
    >apologists which has turned my stomach and made me dislike reading them so
    >much. It is the "Make up your data if you don't like the world as it is"
    >technique. Dick, simply denying this based upon your 'opinion' is akin to
    >sticking your head in the sand. Why is it that Christians have such trouble
    >accepting observational data?

    In weighing data, Glenn, we need to use our God-given good judgment
    and be consistent. Which makes better sense, that females left their
    tribes looking for love? Name one human tribe anywhere where this is
    a practice. Taking the women captive after killing off the males is
    a time-honored human tradition. Instead of just reacting, try
    thinking. Use your good sense. You may not be a YEC anymore, but
    you still think like one sometimes.

    www.genesisproclaimed.org

    --=====================_3996364==_.ALT

    Hi Glenn, you wrote:<br><br>
    anthropologist wrote:<br><br>
    &gt;The nature of humans weighs against &quot;patrilocality&quot; in my
    humble<br>
    &gt;estimation.=<br><br>
    Dick, This is simply the time honored and much used and abused tactic
    of<br>
    apologists which has turned my stomach and made me dislike reading them
    so<br>
    much.&nbsp; It is the &quot;Make up your data if you don't like the world
    as it is&quot;<br>
    technique.&nbsp; Dick, simply denying this based upon your 'opinion' is
    akin to<br>
    sticking your head in the sand.&nbsp; Why is it that Christians have such
    trouble<br>
    accepting observational data?</blockquote><br>
    In weighing data, Glenn, we need to use our God-given good judgment and
    be consistent.&nbsp; Which makes better sense, that females left their
    tribes looking for love?&nbsp; Name one human tribe anywhere where this
    is a practice.&nbsp; Taking the women captive after killing off the males
    is a time-honored human tradition.&nbsp; Instead of just reacting, try
    thinking.&nbsp; Use your good sense.&nbsp; You may not be a YEC anymore,
    but you still think like one sometimes.<br><br>
    Dick Fischer - <i>Genesis Proclaimed Association<br>
    </i>Finding Harmony in Bible, Science, and History<br>