RE: Creativity query

From: Shuan Rose (shuanr@boo.net)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 10:50:46 EDT

            Hey, we are making contributions in the field of arts. Think of the
    wonderful, best selling Left Behind series. CS Lewis, JRR Tolkien, move over
    :-)
    More seriously, you are correct in that a distinctively Christian
    contribution to the arts seems mostly absent, except from the field of music
    (Christian contemporary & gospel). I don't know of any major contribution by
    Christians in the field of painting, sculpture, or the representational arts
    in the last 100 years. There have been a number of Christian writers.But
    compared to medevial and Renaisance times, Christianity is not doing a lot
    the arts these days, and we should be doing more.
    Below is a relevant excerpt from Keith Miller's post on stewardship . HTH: