RE: deception in perception

From: Jay Willingham (jaywillingham@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 23 2002 - 12:27:06 EDT

    Subject: RE: deception in perception

    Jay, What makes you think that Lucifer isn't deceiving you about what =
    your
    > read in Deuteronomy 13? With that great Father of Lies around, are =
    you sure
    > he isn't deceiving your eyes right now? If you are sure you are =
    reading the
    > correct words, how are you sure?

    -------

    Glenn,

    I must trust the Spirit of the Lord living in me to guide me toward =
    truth with a still, quiet voice.

    In 1 Kings 22, God puts a lying spirit in the mouths of evil King =
    Ahab's false prophets and without the understanding of the spirit of =
    God he is deceived.

    "Job 32
    8 But it is the spirit [1] in a man,=20
    the breath of the Almighty, that gives him understanding.=20
    Footnotes: 32:8 Or Spirit ; also in verse 18"

    Psalm 143
    10 Teach me to do your will,=20
    for you are my God;=20
    may your good Spirit=20
    lead me on level ground.=20

      Ephesians 6
    12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the =
    rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world =
    and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.=20

    1 Timothy 4
    1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith =
    and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.=20

    1 John 4
    1Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see =
    whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out =
    into the world.=20

    Once burnt and twice shy, I am willing to admit that I know my eyes and =
    my natural instincts will deceive me.

    I am just asking that those of you who buy the current macroevolutional, =
    old earth hypothesis to maintain the same kind of skepticism for these =
    concepts that you do for the seven days of creation.

    Test and try the spirits.

    God bless all your efforts, for they are mighty ones from all I have =
    seen so far.

    Jay