Re: Noahic Covenant

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 08:19:46 EDT

    Jan responds to Marque (welcome, Marque :-)

    >Just this, I believe that Gen.1 through 11 is an introduction to the rest
    >of the bible, written in poetic language and general literature, in order
    >to tell us, that we, men, are the guilty ones for everything that goes
    wrong.

    Fair enough, Jan. But I am puzzled as to why you decided to post this.
    Marque is claiming historicity.

    >Also, in order to go deeper into Scripture you should compare translations,
    >and if possible compare the Greek and Hebrew words to the translated
    >English. You will find that the translation is indeed influenced by the
    >philosophy of the translators. Though I will not go over all the arguments
    >again, I am willing to answer very specific questions.

    I don't see any way other than to be direct, here. I do have a VERY
    SPECIFIC
    question.

    Do you, or do you not believe that our much-discussed Adam was a real
    person?
    The Bible says that he was. If your answer is no, please put forth
    evidence.

    Respectfully,

    Jim Eisele
    Genesis in Question