Re: Saddened by ad hominen attack

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 14:51:00 EDT

    The ad hominen attack is also hypocritical as Dr. Safarti's degrees
    are in chemistry and thus do not provide any evidence of expertise in
    evolution. Of course, they do not provide evidence of lack of
    expertise, either; I know of several active researchers in
    paleontology and molluscan biology who do not have relevant degrees.

         Dr. David Campbell
         Old Seashells
         University of Alabama
         Biodiversity & Systematics
         Dept. Biological Sciences
         Box 870345
         Tuscaloosa, AL 35487 USA
         bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted
    Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at
    Droitgate Spa

    From: James Mahaffy <mahaffy@mtcnet.net>
    Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:36:16 -0500