ID: A tent for all theists? Was :RE: Moon proclaims he is

From: Shuan Rose (shuanr@boo.net)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 11:36:27 EDT

    messiah! Impact on ID?
    Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 11:03:08 -0400
    Sender: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu

    Presumably ID is supposed to be a big tent uniting theists (all of whom
    believe that God is the creator?/designer? against antireligious
    evolutionists, like Dawkins, Dennett, Provine etc. Yet it has not worked out
    that way, with many religious thinkers attacking ID. Why? Are'nt Phillip,
    Jonathon et al. on our side , fighting against the forces of darkness, led
    by the Lord of Hellfire himself, Dawkins? (OK, maybe he isn't THE Lord of
    Hellfire, but IMO he may be one of his minions :-)
    Well, Glenn, George? Do you think you are giving aid and comfort to the
    enemy by "lining up" with , say, Dawkins & Eugene Scott against defenders of
    theism like Phillip Johnson and Jonathon Wells.? Even if they are wrong
    about a few technical and theological issues, shouldn't we being lining up
    with them ?