RE: Christian? On what basis?

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 15:23:51 EDT

    Hi George,

    >Perhaps the moderator ought to say what he thinks is appropriate in this
    >regard.

    George, the rules of the list say LACK of interest, not too much interest,
    determine if it is more appropriate to take a discussion off list :-)

    >I was not expressing any criticism of Sondra's questions,

    That's nice to hear.

    >Although I think that in some cases she has misread what people were trying
    >to say, & only further discussion can clarify that.

    Hence the need for discussion.

    >My reason for suggesting that these
    >matters be dealt with off-list is simply that otherwise we could easily be
    >swamped by with lots of people explaining, defending, debating &c their
    >theological positions on matters that, in some cases, don't have a lot to
    do
    >with the relationships of science and theology.

    To be honest, I thought that Sondra's questions got down to the
    "presupposition"
    level that we are normally too "afraid" to talk about. I wish more people
    would
    raise these issues. I think that it would make discussions A LOT more
    fruitful.

    >We get enough posts on topics
    >like original sin without having separate threads on George Murphy's, Jim
    >Eisele's, &c &c views on original sin.

    FWIW, I don't feel like talking about original sin at the moment. From my
    reading of Sondra's post, I don't think that was her main point. I'm
    willing
    to let the discussion "go where it may" and die if there is lack of
    interest.

    Take care,
    Jim