Re: Christian? On what basis?

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 16:26:28 EDT

    Sondra Brasile wrote:

    > Dear Bob,
    >
    > Sorry, I didn't mean that I questioned the people's Christianity. My
    > question, "how do you guys do it?" is a real, honest question. I never
    > doubted whether they are or not, but only how they can be. Does that
    > clarify?
    > I don't understand how they can believe when their basis for belief is being
    > torn apart every day even by their own evidences. What do they have left to
    > base their faith? Is it just 'blind faith'?

    Sondra -
             If you want to know "how do you guys do it?" I think you're
    going to have
    to ask each guy or gal individually. The ideas that you seem to have problems
    with come from a number of different people on the list, who are by
    no means all
    in agreement with one another on everything. Speaking only for
    myself, I'm quite
    willing to explain & discuss my own views but I think it would be better to let
    others do the same for their beliefs. This would probably be best
    done off list.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy