Re: History of 6000 Year old creation

From: Cmekve@aol.com
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 23:37:45 EDT

    In a message dated 7/3/02 12:59:27 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
    panterragroup@mindspring.com writes:

    <<
      I am looking for references for how old is the concept of the 6000 yr old
      earth or creation. I know this was discussed in earlier posts but am unable
      to find them. Thanks.

      Stephen J. Krogh, P.G.
      The PanTerra Group
      http://panterragroup.home.mindspring.com

    You may want to check out "Before the hills in order stood: the beginning of
    the geology of time in England" by John G.C.M. Fuller in Lewis, C.L.E. and
    Knell, S.J., eds., The Age of the Earth: from 4004 BC to AD 2002: Geological
    Society (London), Special Publication 190, p. 15-23.

    >From 94 AD to 1800 AD there were about 156 estimates of the age of creation.
    A frequency distribution of estimates (Fuller, fig.2) indicates numbers from
    6500 to 3600 BC, with two peaks at about 4000 BC and 5500 BC. These peaks
    correspond with the estimates based on the Septuagint and Massoretic texts.

    Karl
    Karl V. Evans
    cmekve@aol.com