Re: Black Sea Flood

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 12:11:36 EDT

    Glenn writes

    >I have updated my page on the Black Sea Flood based upon the article by
    Aksu
    >et al., which David Campbell mentioned. The page is

    >http://www.glenn.morton.btinternet.co.uk/bseaflod.htm
    >glenn

    where it says

    >>In 1997, William Ryan and colleagues suggested that the partial filling of
    the Black Sea 7100 years ago was the source of the legend for Noah's flood.
    They suggest that the flood spread farmers throughout Europe and moved
    people out of the Black Sea to the south, carrying the legend with them. I
    don't think this will work for several reasons. It doesn't match the
    description of the Biblical flood. If all we christians want is a flood, any
    old flood regardless of what it is like the this will do as well as the next
    flood. But if we want to match the Biblical account, the Black Sea Flood
    won't do at all.>>

    Well, Glenn, you've done it again! Glenn, I have a lot of
    accounting experience. Not only that, I scored a 760 on my
    math SAT (before they made it easier).

    Once again, I scratch my head.

    The Bible places the flood somewhere between 2000 and 3000 B.C.

    What is your Biblical rationale for posting this type of information?

    Jim