RE: Oppressive YEC

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 22:42:42 EDT

    Guy wrote:

    >Glenn,
    >
    >Who says I'm a YEC!!!! Another one of your suppositions???? I'm
    >a scientist
    >saying that the proof pointing towards the old earth is good. But
    >that 's all
    >it does : it meerly points to that conclusion. That theory
    >contains a lot of
    >verification points but not the final ultimate de visu
    >verification. As for our
    >legal system, it does the best it can. No I will not open up
    >every jail to let
    >people out. By the same token I will not assume that everyone convicted is
    >guilty. You are right on one thing : I can't prove earth is
    >young. Does this
    >set things straight?

    Not exactly. In my long experience in the creation/evolution area (over 20
    years) I have never met a scientist who questioned the evidence for an old
    earth the way you are unless they were either YEC, or crypto-YEC. Nor have I
    met many scientists who use the flawed logic you do to support some sort of
    open-minded position on the age of the earth. Most of them have been YECs
    so my supposition has a high probability of being correct even should it
    turn out to be false in this case. I can rule out your being a philosopher,
    because of your use of logic and the unbelievably high standard for 'proof'
    you tried to promulgate.

    So that one can cease making suppositions, What is your discipline? What
    exactly are your views with regard to the age of the earth? Have you
    published anything on the area of creation/evolution? in science?

    personal stories of struggle