Re: 70 Weeks

From: Dawsonzhu@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 12:05:07 EDT

    Allen Roy wrote:

    > I need to digress here for a moment. It is a logical fallacy to resort to
    > appeals to authority. It may seem impressive, but it has nothing to do with
    > the truth of the matter. Truth is not determined by who or how many may
    > assert a position. As I have stated on this list before, scientific truth
    > is not determined by vote. I have heard it said, how can so many scientists
    > be wrong and only a few YECs be right? The majority does not insure
    > validity or truth.

    Yes, it is true that "consensus" is neither a necessary nor
    a sufficient condition for assuming a proposition is true.
    However, it is important to seriously examine ones position
    if their ideas run counter to that consensus. In the end,
    sometimes it is good to be stubborn, but not always, and
    not usually.

    By Grace alone we proceed,
    Wayne