The truth will prevail (was Re: The Fourth Day falsifies Concordism )

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 12:35:35 EDT

    Paul writes

    >So, listen up, Jim, there IS a consensus about the meaning of Day 4
    >and therein concordism as a whole.

    Paul, you began your post by talking about what a bunch of very dead
    people thought about Genesis. Not folks who died yesterday. But, rather
    folks who have been dead for hundreds and hundreds of years. Paul, this
    is simply silly. People back then didn't know as much as we do now. How
    could they possibly have known the true meaning of Genesis?

    >It is that the Bible is saying the sun did not exist as a functioning body
    until
    >the fourth day.

    If you could summarize your argument, we would have something that we
    could discuss. Trying to blitz me with references only muddies the
    waters.

    >Concordism is to the biblical
    >data what creation "science" is to the scientific data. For the sake of a
    >"private interpretation," they both suppress light.

    The same could be said of your interpretation. But, you're still
    fun to debate :).

    Jim