Re: Men before Adam

From: MikeSatterlee@cs.com
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 13:55:43 EDT

    Hello Adrian,

    I was sorry to see you didn't have the time or see the need to answer any of
    the questions I asked you. I'm sure I would have found your answers
    interesting, possibly even quite helpful.

    You wrote: While your ideas are certainly very interesting, I don't see any
    good support for them, neither from Scripture (1Cr 15:45 And so it is
    written, The first man Adam was made a living soul;), nor from church history.

    The only place in Scripture Adam is referred to as the "first" man is in 1
    Cor.15:45-47. There Adam is called "the first man." But there we also find
    that Jesus is called "the second man." The context shows that the writer of
    those words was referring to Adam as the "first" man only in his relative
    chronological position to Christ. In other words, since Adam came "first" and
    Christ came "second," Adam came before Christ.

    Thanks for your reply. I hope all is well with you.

    Mike