Re: Trouble with Adam and Eve

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 19:06:37 EDT

    Glenn Morton wrote:

    > I have seen studies where computer programs were written which mimicked
    > stochastically exactly the process of the mtDNA or Y chromosome. Beleive it
    > or not the number of survivor lineages decreases with time until there is
    > one, if the program is run long enough. one example can be seen in John H.
    > Relethford, Genetics and the SEarch for Modern Human Origins, (New York:
    > Wiley, 2001)p. 171-173

    Another book @ $70 is too expensive for me for a matter of this level of
    interest.

    I have seen a few web sites where they show (or claim) similar results
    for an fixed population or environmentally limited conditions. I suspect
    that those are the driving factors -- rather than anything to do with
    genes -- and I shall look further on my own

    Many thanks for all the input!

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>