Re: Bear sacrifice

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 15:23:28 EDT

    I believe with Adrian that the Holy Spirit guides the Church, but I also
    think with Luther than "councils may err" as well as that human beings may
    err; and perhaps we are not always getting right what the Holy Spirit is
    "breathing" upon us. Cardinal Newman gave to the Catholic Church the gift
    of the nation that theology undergoes historical development. It is a good
    principle for any Christian tradition to adopt, and the doctrine of original
    sin, which has been interpreted in a variety of ways, in my view, certainly
    needs a good going over, especially as we come to understand better and
    better the evolution of homo sapiens and gain greater insight into the
    evolution of the psyche, and perhaps also, the moral sense.

    Bob Schneider