Re: Greek philosophy of science

From: JW Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 17:37:05 EDT

    I had written "The ancient Greeks had a philosophy of science that had two
    parts. Part 2 is the one I usually refer to in discussions here -- it says
    "Ascribe nothing to the gods."

    Al wrote: "Could you give a reference for that thought ?"

    Darn it, I wish I could. Most of my books are in storage for a couple years
    -- that does not mean I could find it, if course!

    My not-very-reliable memory says it was in a history book by someone whose
    last name was "Fredericks," or close to that. I also seem to remember the
    reference he made was to Epicurious (sp?).

    It is possible I have a reference somehere in the nearly 10,000 files on my
    computer. When I return home (on te "road" right now, I'll have a look.

    Hoss (aka Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com