Fish/Tetrapod transition/Seventy Weeks

From: MikeSatterlee@cs.com
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 14:57:03 EDT

    Jim wrote: Somewhere in the OT there is a prophecy "70 weeks to Messiah."
    Well, this prophecy was written something like 500 years before Jesus. To
    "work" the interpretation a week has to equal seven years.

    Jim is referring to Daniel 9:24-27. I've recently been doing some historical
    research on the time in which these "seventy weeks" began to run. The
    starting point, or "terminus a quo," of Daniel's "Seventy Weeks" prophecy has
    long been a matter of some debate, as has the proper understanding of much of
    its contents. I think I've uncovered some information which may go a long way
    in settling this matter. If this prophecy is of particular interest of anyone
    here, and you wish to discuss it, feel free to E mail me.

    Mike